The recent rainy weather has been great for filling our reservoirs and our plant life, but it has caused some delays in recent weeks to the track replacement plan for the N Judah on Carl Street in recent weeks. Rain has been forecast for this weekend, so I contacted the MTA to find out if the work would go forward or not. They sent me this update, which indicates a scaled back work plan, but work, nonetheless.
Here’s the latest update from the SFMTA, verbatim. As always, the weather may affect this schedule so if you’re not sure what’s going on, call the numbers listed below in the update and your questions will be answered.
Construction scheduled for March 30- April 2 has been scaled back due to the weather forecast.
Dear Neighbor/Business Merchant/Muni Customer:
Construction work will still take place and the N Judah Line will be under bus substitution. However, the extent and noise of the work will be at a reduced level. Driveway access will be maintained and there will not be overnight noise.
Work slated for the weekend of Friday, March 30 until Monday, April 2 includes:
- Potholing work on Carl Street between Cole Street and the Sunset Portal Tunnel area
- Roadway work on Carl Street between Hillway Avenue and Cole Street
Work hours on Saturday, March 31 and Sunday, April 1 will be from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The following measures will be taken for your safety and to minimize inconvenience:
- Carl Street will remain open with two-way traffic and adjoining streets open as well
- Street parking will not be available in and around the construction sites
- Temporary bus stops on Frederick Street (two at Cole, two at Willard, and one at Stanyan) for the N bus shuttles will require parking removal
- Local access will be granted and all local businesses will remain open
Driveway access will be maintained. However, there may be delays until equipment and/or trucks move out of the driveway area. Please notify a member of the construction crew on-site for assistance in safely accessing your driveway. Please contact Hubert Wong at 415.734.8432, Danielle Des Champs at 925.575.0011 or Jeremiah Kent at 510.815.0031.
Dates and details are subject to change due to weather and other unexpected conditions.
- Muni buses will provide substitute service for the N Judah Line.
- N Judah bus shuttles will substitute for N Line rail service and will operate all weekend between Ocean Beach and Church Street.
- The first outbound stop will be on the northwest corner of Market and Church streets.
- The first outbound accessible stop will be on 14th Street at Church Street.
- From La Playa to Arguello the N buses will follow the regular N Line route.
- East of Arguello the N service will re-route around the construction and street closure.
- The service will run as an express between Cole and Frederick and Castro and Duboce.
- N Owl bus service will be rerouted from Carl Street onto Frederick Street.
Project and Contact Information
Please visit the project webpage at www.sfmta.com/carl or contact 311 for service details and updates. If you have any questions or should any issues arise please contact the project team via e-mail at CarlStRail@sfmta.com.