Random notes on Election Day:
1. The weather is amazing. Sunny but not warm.
2. Starbuck’s on Irving is a polling location. I never noticed this before…of all the places one could have a polling place, this seems a bit odd.
3. Not having cable TV for once is a bit annoying…but for the other 364 days a year it’s fine.
4. It really is amazing to see so many people vote, when in the past, getting people to vote was like getting people to go get a root canal without laughing gas.
5. Voting by mail is easy. But it isn’t much fun!
6. MUNI had only one FAIL today. Hooray!
MUNI had another FAIL today, right about the time you posted. I left home at 3:35 pm (as I always do) to catch MUNI to the 4:19 pm Caltrain. It took 20 minutes to get from Church to Van Ness and I missed my train by 3 minutes. The 4:33 pm Caltrain meant a $19 cab ride to be on time for an appointment.
The Starbucks on Irving at 19th Ave is also a polling place; I voted there a few times when that was my hood. 😀
I vote in a tiny church now and it’s not nearly as fun. ;p